Quotes We All Need To Hear Right Now

7:14 PM Amanda Prahl 0 Comments

I am exhausted. And I bet you are too.

A few days ago, when I woke up yet again to hear about violence and loss of life and all the surrounding political discourse, I tweeted, "Some days I wake up and think we must be living in a dystopian novel. But I can pray, and I can love, and that's something, at least." And now, today, another tragedy, another loss of life.

I can't do anything about any of this. I am blessed in that the worst effect for me is a feeling of powerlessness and worry for the world I live in. I have not personally lost. I cannot begin to imagine the depths of grief these extended communities must be suffering. And it is their stories above all. But for those who feel drained hearing bad news in a never-ending cycle, for those who are looking for something to lift them up just a little bit, this is for you. I have little to offer, but this is the best I can do.

"Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise." -Les Miserables

"But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." -Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)


"Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart, and you'll never walk alone..."

"One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality." -Albert Einstein











"Measure your life in love." -Rent

http://theemotionmachine.tumblr.com/post/139127221227

"There will be light." -Next To Normal

"Live a little, comfort a little, cheer thyself a little." -As You Like It

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." -Eleanor Roosevelt












http://suttonfoster.co.vu/post/95582394543/musical-theatre-female-character-meme-515-a

"I am not worried... I am with you." -Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

"Fear doesn't have to make you cruel or cowardly. Fear can make you kind. It doesn't matter if there's nothing under the bed, or in the dark, so long as you know it's okay to be afraid of it. So listen. If you listen to nothing else, listen to this. You're always going to be afraid, even if you learn to hide it... But that's okay. Because fear can bring us together. Fear can bring you home." -Doctor Who

"Many people seem to think it foolish, even superstitious, to believe that the world could still change for the better. And it is true that in winter it is sometimes so bitingly cold that one is tempted to say, 'What do I care if there is a summer now; its warmth is no help to me now.' Yes, evil often seems to surpass good. But then, in spite of us, and without our permission, there comes at last an end to the bitter frosts. One morning the wind turns, and there is a thaw. And so I must still have hope." -Vincent Van Gogh

http://styles-irwins.tumblr.com/post/36831736554

0 comments: